SEN450 Wireless 3-Phase Current Meter is a wireless three-phase current detector is used to detect three-phase electrical input current. The device is powered by battery and obtains the load AC current value through the current transformer. The device adopts the split-core current transformer, which can be conveniently connected to the measuring device.
Quick Installation guide
2 x 3.6V ER14505 AA lithium batteries (3.6V2400mah/section)
- LoRa long range wireless
- Before installation, please confirm the current value of the load. If the current value of the load is higher than the measurement range, select a model with a higher measurement range.
- The SEN450 has a built-in magnet. It can be attached to the surface of an object with iron during installation, which is convenient and quick but would recommend securing the unit.
- Do not install the device in a metal shielded box or in an environment surrounded by other electrical equipment to avoid affecting the wireless transmission of the device.
- The using environment should be kept away from strong magnetic fields, so as not to affect the test accuracy. It is strictly forbidden to use in humid and corrosive gas environments.
- Cable length - 900mm (Check the distance before install)(Cable to be secured)
- Dimension - Host body: L: 112 mm *W: 88.19 mm *H: 32 mm / Sensor: H:42.5 *L:27.5 *W:25mm
- Host body Weight - 141 g
- Sensor Weight - 49.6*3g
- Before using, user must check whether the appearance of the cable is in good condition and suitable for the clamp.
- The Clamp can be opened and installed around the desired cable. Fitment of the clamp should be secured if it is not a tight fit otherwise use cable ties to secure the clamp to the cable.
- To make the installation of the main unit more secure, please use screws, double sided adhesive tape or cable ties to fix the device to the wall or other objects (such as the installation diagram).
- Open the clamp-on current transformer, and then pass the live wire through the current transformer according to the installation. "L←K" is marked on the bottom of the CT.
- When installing the SEN450 series current transformer, please separate the live and neutral wires of the wire to be detected, and only take the live wire through current transformer and start the measurement according to the wiring below:
- Press the [Key] of the device to start sampling data and report the data after 3 to 5 seconds.
- Fitment of the clamp should be secured if it is not a tight fit otherwise use cable ties to secure the clamp to the cable.
- Once the main body and the clamps have been installed, dress and secure the cables using cable ties between the units making sure the cables have a good amount of slack.
Quick Pre Commissioning Guide
Joining devices to the LoRa network
SEN450 devices in wireless range and with the correct AppEUI and AppKey settings will automatically join the LoRa network when they are first powered up.
The unique DevEUI is printed on all SEN450 devices and is also present in the QR code. The DevEUI can be used to identify the device once joined to the network.
Powering the Device
To power the device ON, Insert batteries. (users may need a screwdriver to open). Then press and hold the function key (on front of device) for 3 seconds till the green indicator flashes once.
- The device will search for the network to join. The green indicator light stays on for 5 seconds: joins the network successfully.
- If the green indicator light remains off: fail to join the network
If the device does not successfully connected to the LoRa network and will keep trying. This will consume the batteries power until it makes a connection or depletes the batteries.
Powering the device Off
To power off the device remove the batteries from the unit.
- The device will be off after removing the battery then reinsert the battery to power on.
- It is suggested to wait for at least 10 seconds between turning the device on and off.
- At 1st -5th second after power on, the device will be in engineering test mode.
Failure to join - If the device fails to Join the Network, Power the device off to save power. Check the device verification information on the gateway and the device match.