Registering for your MobiusFlow Subscription
Before you can use your starter kit you will need to register with IAconnects for a MobiusFlow virtual cloud gateway instance. Your kit includes a 3 month trial.
After activating your trial you will receive an email (this could take up to 48 hours) containing your MobiusFlow instance details. This will include
- A link to view your demo EnOcean devices dashboard
- Details on how to request access to your MobiusFlow instance configuration
- Configuration details for your Aruba AP including:
- Server URL
- Authentication token
Configuring your Aruba AP
EnOcean sensors transmit their data wirelessly using the EnOcean protocol on 868MHz in Europe and 902MHz in the USA. These frequencies are set aside for Industrial, Scientific and Medical devices (ISM bands) and do not require a licence.
EnOcean devices have a typical range of 30m inside a building.
In order for your APs to receive the EnOcean telegrams you will need to plug the EnOcean USB transceiver (provided in the kit) into your AP's USB port and configure your AP to forward the EnOcean telegrams to your MobiusFlow instance and demo dashboards.
Plugging in your EnOcean USB
Remove the USB transceiver's protective cover and plug it into the AP's USB port. The AP model shown is an AP-515-RW. The location of the USB port on your AP may differ depending on your AP model.
Configuring your AP
Adding a new Transport Stream
- Log in to your AP and navigate to Configuration / Services
- Select IoT
- In the IoT-Transport Streams section click on the 'plus' sign to add a new data stream
Configuring the Transport Stream
- Enter a descriptive name
- In the Server URL field enter the Server URL provided in your activation confirmation email. This will be in the form: ws://green-horse-01.mobiusflow.io:30817/mobiusflow
- Select Telemetry Websocket in the Server Type dropdown field
- Select only the Serial Data checkbox in the Device Classes field
- Turn the State switch to ON to enable this data stream
- Set the Reporting Interval to 15
- Scroll down to the Authentication section
- Select the Use Token radio button
- In the Access Token field enter the Authentication Token provided in your activation confirmation email
- Press OK and the Save
Authenticating your Aruba AP
Authentication between your Aruba AP and the MobiusFlow software is based on the AP's MAC ID and the Authentication Token provided in your activation confirmation email. After configuring the AP please reply to the activation confirmation email with your AP or controller's MAC ID in the space provided. We will then confirm via email that your MobiusFlow instance has been updated and is ready for use.
Viewing the Demo Dashboards
To view the live sensor data and the demo dashboards please visit the link provided in your Welcome email. You can get help on using these dashboards by visiting the EnOcean Demo Dashboards page on this site.