All iaconnects MobiusFlow nodes (Mobius Gateways, Mobius Servers, and Mobius BCMs and LCMs) have a built in configuration application to simplify the setup and configuration of these devices. This is a web based app which does not require any special software installed on your PC or laptop other then a compatible web browser. We recommend the latest versions of Safari for MacOS or Google Chrome for Windows and MacOS.
By default, all devices come with DHCP enabled on their ETH0 ethernet ports, but the IP addresses and network settings can be changed using a USB stick by following the Changing Mobius Device Network Settings instructions.
Connecting to a Mobius node via DHCP
- Using a standard CAT5E or CAT6 network cable plugged into ETH0, connect your Mobius device to your network and power it up.
Finding the Mobius device's IP address
- Open a command prompt or terminal on your laptop or PC.
- Locate the Mobius device's UUID. This will be on a sticker on the device or in the documentation that came with the device.
Using Windows 10
- Type cmd into the Windows search bar and select the Command Prompt application to run the command prompt.
- In the command prompt app on your PC or laptop type ping xxxxxxx.local where xxxxxxx is the first seven characters of your device's UUID. You should receive a response similar to the one shown below. The IP address is shown in the red rectangle.
- Push command and space on the keyboard at the same time to bring up Spotlight Search. Type terminal into Spotlight Search and hit Enter to run the terminal.
- In the terminal app on your PC or laptop type ping xxxxxxx.local where xxxxxxx is the first seven characters of your device's UUID. You should receive a response similar to the one shown below. The IP address is shown in the red rectangle.
Open Mobius configuration in a web browser
- Open your web browser
- In the address bar type the IP address you discovered above and hit Enter
- The Mobius configuration software will load and
- If this is a new device, ask you to create a new admin user
- If this device already has users configured, ask you to log in
- If you have accessed this device within the last 24 hours from this PC, log in as the last user you used
Creating your first admin user
If you are required to create an admin user after the first connection, you will be presented with the screen below.
- Enter a user name, password, and confirm your password.
- Click on Submit to continue
Adding services, objects and flows